Johnson’s baby products

JJ3

Two weeks after we cut my son’s hair I received these products from Johnson & Johnson!  As soon as I opened the pack my interest was piqued because the pics on the bottles is that of a little brown baby!  It seems Johnson’s has made a line specifically for black babies and toddlers.  The pack contained a shampoo, conditioner and leave in / moisturiser.  Pity we shaved all my son’s hair off, I would have given these products a try.

JJ1JJ2

Comments

1. lorraine says

That’s great news but I’m interested in if uv found a hairdresser and hv relaxed your hair yet.

2. Jeanette says

A product for little brown babies…this is great! I think we can re-grow my son’s afro :-) When does it go into market?

3. Cecilia Kadiri says

Well, I think it is overdue for John & Johnson to produce a line specifically made for Black Skin Babies and Toddlers. Multinationals are all seeking new ways and markets to help continue in Business.

Don’t worry your Baby’s Hair will grow back very soon so you can try out the new products.

CKadiri

4. Kagoya says

I recently saw this line of products in Clicks, & decided to try it out on my son. He is 6 months old now, & I have never cut his hair, since birth. I’ve been using the products for about 3 weeks now. I’ve been co-washing with the conditioner every 2-3 days (usually at night, because then he sleeps well ), and using the spray afterwards. I use all 3 ( shampoo, conditioner & spray ) on Sunday. I like the fact that the products don’t dehydrate the hair. In my personal experience, they are also not the most moisturizing either. I still find I have to add a bit of coconut oil to his head to get the hair acceptably moisturized. I will say, the spray defines his curl pattern really well. I still find myself reaching for my Tressemme Naturals Silicone free conditioner, to use as a cowash. I love that stuff. I don’t think I’ve used the Johnson & Johnsons products long enough to give a thorough review, but so far, I can say, I don’t hate it. Will I buy them again ? Well I’ll wait to finish what I have , before I decide whether to re-purchase. I will add, I do appreciate, the effort Johnson & Johnson have made, to create a line of products that cater to ‘ethnic ‘ hair. They definitely get a thumbs up for that. I would love to hear your review on these products.

• Nolubabalo Makamandela says

Hi Tendayi,

I’ve been thinking about cutting my 10month old baby girls afro for a while. I’m not sure whether to use scissors or a clipper. The clipper sound scared my son so much, his first haircut was an awful experience.

Please share how you went about shaving your baby’s hair.

Thanks

• Tendayi says

I use a clipper while he was sleeping. He didn’t even flinch! Since then I have used a smaller batter operated one that doesn’t make much sound. I use the battery operated one while he is awake. He doesn’t seem to mind.

5. rue says

Tendai thanks u are a mind reader :) i saw these products in clicks and i was wondering kuti shld i try, will give them a go my bbay’s fro is growing!!!!

6. rue says

someone mentioned using Castor oil on their babies hair is that ok, my daughter is 14months old

7. Lisa says

Really? Does a baby really need all those products? Leave in conditioner???
    I ve always have the opinion that one should put as little products as possible on babies skin. What happened to normal natural oils with no additives?

Society is aggressively trying to raise product junkies.

• Tendayi says

I hear what you are saying Lisa. I will add though that rather leave in conditioner than a mum giving up and relaxing a toddlers hair!

8. Nyari says

Hi there

Are you aware that J&J products have been receiving a lot of bad press over the years and some of their products like the no tears shampoo may contain cancer-causing chemicals (formaldehyde specifically)? I suspect the move to target a “new” black market may not be completely innocent. Do a simple Google search and the results may shock you. I for one do not allow their products anywhere near my kids!

• Laura Nel says

Hi Nyari

You are encouraged to visit http://www.safetyandcarecommittment.com to learn more about exactly what goes into all products made by Johnson & Johnson as well as the rigorous safety assurance testing that supports them.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact our team of trained consumer advisors via email jnjza@its.jnj.com or sharecall 0860 410032 (during office hours).

Regards