Happy New Year!! It’s 2013 and time to set some hair goals for the year. First though I need to revisit the goals I set for myself for 2012 and see if I attained them. My 2012 goals were:
- I’m hoping by the end of 2012 I will have eliminated the thin ends from the days I was relaxing my hair bone straight. Since I now only texlax my hair, I essentially have 2 textures, bone straight hair at the ends and texlaxed hair. The thin ends will be eliminated by regular trimming.
I cut off the thin ends I had from the days I fully relaxed my hair in February 2011. I had planned to trim them off slowly over time but then changed my mind and decided to just cut them off. I lost quite a bit of length at the time but I’m glad I did it.
- I want to gain more length and be full BSL (bra strap length) by end of 2012. I have been hovering on APL (arm pit length) for too long.
I did not attain full bra strap length. I am just grazing bra strap right now. I’m a bit disappointed but I remind myself that when it comes to hair, health is more important than length.
- I will continue to wash and deep condition twice a week as well as moisturise daily.
I managed to follow this. I have found that weekly washing and deep conditioning has become a habit now. It’s something I just do without thinking!
- I plan on practising more protective styles during the year. I hope this will help me with retention and to reach full BSL.
I got my hair braided once during 2012. After removing the braids I was happy with the results. It also gave me a break from frequent detangling which I have to do when my hair is not braided. I also had my hair in a bun quite often during the year.
For 2013 these are my goals:
- Grow my hair to mid back length (MBL). This length is between bra strap length (BSL) and waist length. I know I am being ambitious (especially given that I am barely grazing BSL right now) but it’s not impossible to gain that in a year so I am going to try!
- Practice more protective styling. I will braid my hair at least three times this year to help with length retention. I got some great results with braiding in 2012 so I want to see what results I will get with braiding my hair more often. I’m thinking of braiding my hair mid-January, in June and in November.
I’m looking forward to 2013 and what it has in store for me (and my hair!)
Have you made any hair goals for 2013?
- Happy holidays!! (africanhairblog.com)